On the run up to World Gin Day I’m running loads of competitions to give away gin, and other ginny goodies! Details of what’s to come is below, including details of how to enter.
Want to run a competition on the World Gin Day social channels? Fill in the form on this page to start the conversation!
Links to the social media posts for each of the competitions will be added to the post below at the beginning of each round (10am for morning competitions, 2pm for afternoon competitions). T&C for all competitions can be found here.
1 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT): Berkley Square Gin
Berkeley Square London Dry Gin is one of the world’s most luxurious gins, distilled by hand in small batches using the tiny copper still No 8. Created using a unique method of ‘bouquet garni’ where the hand-picked botanicals, including kaffir lime leaves, sage, lavender and basil are carefully wrapped in fine cotton muslin and submerged in triple distilled spirit to help infuse the herbaceous aromas. Berkeley Square is an ultra smooth gin, good enough to sip neat.
– Twitter: 2 x 70cl bottles of Berkeley Square London Dry Gin
– Facebook: 2 x 70cl bottles of Berkeley Square London Dry Gin
- 2pm-6pm (GMT): Tickets to the World Gin Day Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour of London with Hayman’s Gin and B Bakery
Hayman’s Gin, the award-winning original English gin makers and Brigit’s Bakery have come together to offer a unique Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour of London. Tours on the charming, vintage Routemaster bus will depart from Victoria Coach Station and take in some of London’s most iconic landmarks. Guests will enjoy a bespoke B Bakery Afternoon Tea with Hayman’s Gin infused delights and three seasonal complimentary Hayman’s Gin cocktails.
More information about the tours.
– 2 x tickets to the World Gin Day Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour of London
– Competition will run across Twitter and Facebook for one set of tickets
– Winner will need to be in London on 10th June (must arrange own travel and accommodation if needed)
2 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT): Make your own gin experience and overnight hotel stay at the An Mor Hotel (Cornwall)
This absolute cracker of a prize comes courtesy of An Mor Hotel in Cornwall. Not only will you walk away with a bottle of your own recipe gin, you’ll also snag a night in their gorgeous hotel!The An Mor Gin experience includes:
- History of gin
- Taste different gin flavours
- How to choose various botanicals to produce your gin
- Design your own gin recipe by using your choice of botanicals
- Fire up a Copper Still and produce your own 500ml bottle to take home
- Personalise your bottle by labelling and corking A gin cocktail to finish
- Certificate of completion (who doesn’t love a certificate?!)
– Facebook: Two places on the Gin Making workshop plus one nights accommodation in the hotel.
– Travel must be arranged by the winner.
– Dates to be organised with An Mor directly.
- 2pm-6pm (GMT): Schott Zwiesel Spanish Gin and Tonic Glass sets!
Get your mitts on a set of two Schott Zwiesel Spanish Gin and Tonic Glasses. Also known as the Copa glass this Spanish bowl shaped glass is designed for serving G&T’s. Elevate your gin game!
– Twitter: 1 x Schott Zwiesel Spanish Gin and Tonic Glass set
– Facebook: 1 x Schott Zwiesel Spanish Gin and Tonic Glass set
3 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT) Booze-infused gourmet fudge and Anno Gin!
The new Mixology Confection selection of handmade fudge from premium confectioners Fudge Kitchen sees them partnering with micro-distillers, wineries and producers in a selection of incredible, booze-infused gourmet fudge. It includes Juniper & Kaffir Lime Dry Gin and Bitter Orange & Cubeb Gin flavours, supplied by Kent’s Anno Distillers (and their copper-pot still, Patience).
– Twitter: 1 x Mixology Confection nine-piece selection + 1 x 70cl bottle of Anno Kent Dry Gin.
– Facebook: 1 x Mixology Confection nine-piece selection + 1 x 70cl bottle of Anno Kent Dry Gin.
- 2pm-6pm (GMT): Drinks in tube GIN sets!
Drinks in tube believe that premium wines and spirits should be accessible to all. Their sets give you the chance to taste, appreciate and enjoy premium alcoholic drinks by the glass, in an unpretentious and fun way. Each set contains three 50ml tubes (a double gin). There will be Pinkster Gin and English County Gin boxes up for grabs.
– Twitter: 1 x Pinkster Gin set and 1 x English County Gin Set (Mason’s Gin, Chilgrove Gin and Anno Gin)
– Facebook: 1 x Pinkster Gin set and 1 x English County Gin Set (Mason’s Gin, Chilgrove Gin and Anno Gin)
4 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT): Bloom Gin
BLOOM Gin is a floral London Dry Gin, inspired by the true beauty of nature. The Master Distiller Joanne Moore chose the flowers of chamomile and honeysuckle, with the citrus fruit pomelo, to make up the three main botanicals for BLOOM – each one contributing to the delicate gin drinking experience.
– Twitter: 2 x 70cl bottles of BLOOM Gin
– Facebook: 2 x 70cl bottles of BLOOM Gin
- 2pm-6pm (GMT) Daffy’s gin gift sets
The adventure started with our discovery of what Lebanese mint can bring to the finest gin. Balanced with eight other carefully chosen botanicals, we have created an exceptionally fresh, smooth and truly original gin with complexity and balanced charm.
Each gift set contains two gin glasses and a bottle of Daffy’s Gin.
– Twitter: One Daffy’s Gin sets
– Facebook: One Daffy’s Gin sets
5 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT) Win A Bottle of Pink 47 Gin
PINK 47 is a London Dry Gin, carefully crafted in small batches from a delicious recipe using a mix of 12 botanicals from around the world. Presented in a unique diamond shaped bottle, allowing it to stand out from the crowd alongside its highly acclaimed and internationally prize-winning awards it is an outstanding gin with exceptional flavour either on its own or as part of a cocktail. Be a part of the PINK 47 craze sweeping the UK.
– Facebook: One bottle of 70cl Pink 47 London Dry Gin
- 2pm-6pm (GMT) Gin and Tonic hampers from Franklin and Sons mixers
Franklin & Sons products were first introduced in 1886, sold from their small family confectioners shop at 171 High Street, Rickmansworth, London. Recently revived, their range of mixers are designed to mix perfectly with your favourite gins and their soft drinks are a great choice for those days when you’re not drinking!
– Twitter: A box of Franklin & Sons mixers with miniatures of Masons Yorkshire Gin and Cucumber Gin to mix with them!
– Facebook: A 70cl bottle of Caorunn gin, Franklin and Sons Natural Indian Tonic water, a gin-scented candle, bar apparatus, and gin and tonic popcorn from Joe & Seph’s Gourmet Popcorn!
6 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT) Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
Oriental Spiced Gin is a unique style of London Dry Gin which uses exotic botanicals, herbs and spices to conjure up images of the ancient Spice Route where merchants travelled thousands of miles trading exotic spices and botanicals. Opihr’s hand-picked botanicals epitomise the exotic intensity of the Orient, with spicy cubeb berries from Indonesia, black pepper from India and coriander from Morocco.
– Twitter: 2 x 70cl bottles of Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
– Facebook: 2 x 70cl bottles of Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin
- 2pm-6pm (GMT): Dartington Crystal Gin glass set
Created for all gin fans, this selection of 3 great gin glasses helps you to discover and enjoy the best tasting gin experience. A classic highball and on-trend copa stem are complimented by the stylish martini cocktail. Endorsed by makers of premium mixers Fever –Tree, the set comes with an expert guide to each gin glass with mixing tips and gin cocktail recipes. Making the perfect Gin and Tonic or mixing the ultimate gin martini is easy with a little Gintuition.
– Twitter: 1 x Dartington Crystal Gin glass set
– Facebook: 1 x Dartington Crystal Gin glass set
7 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT): Tinker Gin
The product of love and experimentation, Tinker is a fresh and innovative gin. Brilliantly light with well-rounded berries and gentle sherbet. It is made by distilling juniper, coriander, orange, lemon, cassia, cinnamon, orris, angelica, liquorice, nutmeg and elderberries to create a contemporary classic.
Taking traditional botanicals and giving them a modern, Spanish twist, Tinker Gin has been designed to make the perfect Gintonic.
– Twitter: 1 x 70cl bottle of Tinker Gin
– Facebook : 1 x 70cl bottle of Tinker Gi
8 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT): Gin artwork!
Gin O’Clock Print: This vintage style art print from LoveLi is perfect for any gin lover. The words ‘it’s always gin o’clock’ are printed in a letterpress style font, alongside a cut lime. This A4 (210 × 297mm) size art print is printed on fine art 300gsm smooth card stock and comes framed in a stylish black frame ready to adorn the walls of any style savvy home.
When Life Gives You Lemons Print: This striking art print from LoveLi is perfect for any gin lover. The words ‘when life gives you lemons make a cheeky gin & tonic’ are printed over a citrus yellow cut lemon. This A4 (210 × 297mm) size art print is printed on fine art 300gsm smooth card stock and comes framed in a stylish black frame ready to adorn the walls of any style-savvy home.
– Twitter: 1 x Gin O’Clock Print
– Facebook: 1 x When Life Gives You Lemons Print
- 2pm-6pm (GMT): Thomas Dakin Gin
Thomas Dakin Gin is a classic style London Dry Gin which takes its name from the forefather of English gin, Thomas Dakin, who created the world’s first quality gin in 1761 in the North West of England. Thomas Dakin is distilled in small batches in a baby copper still using a secret recipe of eleven botanicals. These include some traditionally used for making cordials in the 18th century, as well as juniper, orange peel and English coriander it has the unique addition of red cole (horseradish) which gives the gin its long, lingering finish.
– Twitter: 2 x 70cl bottles of Thomas Dakin Gin
– Facebook: 2 x 70cl bottles of Thomas Dakin Gin
9 June 2017
- 10am-2pm (GMT) The English Drinks Company hamper
A hamper of gin wonderfulness from The English Drinks Company!
– Twitter: 1x gin hamper
– Facebook: 1x gin hamper
- 2pm-6pm (GMT) One Time Gin subscription box
A full limited edition gin subscription box. Special Welsh Speing gin with cherry blossom, lemon verbena, sage and lavender in the mix from North Star distillery, mixers from Franklin and Sons and cocktail ingredients to make our twist on a classic “Bees Knees” hint: it uses lavender liqueur!
– Twitter: 1 x One Time Gin subscription box
– Facebook: 1 x One Time Gin subscription box
10 June 2017
- WORLD GIN DAY!!!The George Hotel is a charming 18th Century coaching inn set in the heart of the cathedral city of Lichfield, it also has a very ginny focus.
Facebook: 1 x Gin Experience package at The George Hotel in Lichfield
– An overnight stay for 2 in a standard double room
– A gin themed gift in your room
– Two premium gin & tonics of your choice in Darwin’s bar – there are over 30 to choose from!
– A 3 course dinner in Darwin’s restaurant
– Full English breakfast
– A Lichfield Gin Trail map
The Gin experience can be taken on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays subject to availability and excluding Christmas, New Year and Valentine’s.
* Dinner in Darwin’s is up to the value of £27 per person (food only, all drinks will be charged as taken).