This year followed the general trends we’re seeing across social media more widely, twitter declined slightly whilst Instagram exploded.
This year I left brands to run their own competitions, as the logistics of pairing winners with whoever is running the competition (brand directly, or distributor or PR) has, year on year, become more of a nightmare. This hurt the Facebook stats compared to last year, but also meant that the Facebook page didn’t get clogged up with competitions that only one or two people could feasibly win. More meaningful engagement is king!
Twitter (4-10 June 2018) stats from hashtracking.com:
Instagram (4-10 June 2018) stats from hashtracking.com:
- #worldginday was, yet again, trending in the UK for the whole of the day itself! It was also, at times trending on worldwide lists!
- 47,486 tweets included the official hashtag: #worldginday (53,195 in 2017)
- 27,310 contributors used #worldginday (24,709 in 2017)
- 99,357,434 total reach for tweets inc #worldginday (100,506,710 in 2017)
- 183,813,118 timeline deliveries for tweets tweets inc #worldginday (247,655,215 in 2017)
Facebook page (4-10 June 2018):
- 14,211 posts from 11,344 contributors (10,672 from 8,659 in 2017)
- 59,515 comments (1,593 in 2017)
- 1,494,662 likes (26,130 in 2017)
- 72,351,445 impressions (61,847,307 in 2017)
- 61,057,510 reach (38,916,737 in 2017)
- 26,798 total page likes
- 26,146 total page followers
- 37,652 total reach of posts on the page